- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 4 servings (eight 4-inch pancakes)
- SPRAY griddle with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle to medium heat. Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl.
- COMBINE milk, egg and oil in small bowl. Add all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until blended (batter will be slightly lumpy). For thinner pancakes, add additional milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- POUR approximately 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook until browned on both sides, turning to cook second side when surface bubbles and edges are slightly dry.
- SERVE with syrup and Maple Toasted Walnut Butter, if desired.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 88g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Pastry dough can be made ahead of time, wrapped tightly in plastic, and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.