Fabulous Football Biscuits with Caramel-Apple Fondue
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 22 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 2 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and cream until dough forms a ball.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding in half about 3 to 5 times (do not overwork), adding just enough flour to keep from sticking to your hands.
- ROLL out dough gently to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough into biscuits using 1 1/2 inch football shaped cookie cutter coated with flour. Reroll and cut as needed.
- PLACE biscuits about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Make cuts using sharp knife in top of each "football" to resemble laces, being careful not to cut all the way through dough. Brush with melted butter.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- STIR together caramel topping, apple, nuts and butter. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 mintue or until caramel is melted and heated through. Transfer to fondue server or warming server. Serve with biscuits.
- *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 33g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.
In order to maintain a consistent temperature, do not open the oven door during baking. Instead, use the oven light to check on your baking progress.