Everybody's Favorite Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 10 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COAT three 8-inch or two 9-inch pans, or a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat two minutes at medium speed.
- STIR in boiling water until blended (batter will be thin). Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost as desired.
- For a deep, dark cake, use Dutch cocoa powder.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of cake), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 41g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.