Easy-to-Make Cream Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 500°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Gradually stir in cream, adding only enough to moisten flour and hold dough together.
- TURN dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently two or three strokes. Using light touch, pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- CUT with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough and re-roll one time; cut as described above. Discard scraps.
- PLACE on prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart for crisp sides or almost touching for soft sides. Brush tops with melted butter.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Serve hot.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To avoid tough, dry biscuits, do not add too much additional flour when kneading and rolling.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.