Double Corn Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (8 1/2 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or use paper liners.
- COMBINE corn, cheese, milk, egg and sugar in medium bowl.
- MELT butter in small skillet; cook onions until tender. Add to corn mixture. Stir in cornmeal mix; stir just until combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 to almost full.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until browned. Remove muffins to cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Check quick breads 10-15 minutes before end of baking time. If browning too fast, cover loosely with foil.
If batter does not fill every cup of the muffin pan, put a few tablespoons of water in the empty cup to keep muffins moist and to protect the pan from warping.