Country Cornmeal Pancakes
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 8 servings
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT griddle to 400°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, eggs, buttermilk and butter in medium bowl, stirring just until ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- POUR 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each standard-size pancake. Cook until golden brown, turning once. Serve with butter and syrup.
- Increase the buttermilk for thinner pancakes or decrease for thicker.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.
Chill pastry, covered, for up to 12 hours. This makes it easier to handle and keeps it from shrinking during baking.