Coconut Pecan Refrigerator Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 8 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr 15 min
- 5 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extracts until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture, coconut and pecans just until blended.
- SHAPE into two 8-inch rolls. If dough is too soft, chill slightly before rolling. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap, then with foil. Chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CUT rolls into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Bake on ungreased baking sheet 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For softer cookies, reduce baking time by 1-2 minutes. For crisper cookies, increase baking time by 1-2 minutes.
Place unbaked cookies at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets to allow room for spreading.