- Prep Time:
- 45 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr 15 min
- 30 rolls
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 120°F)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl; set aside.
- HEAT milk, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, salt and shortening in saucepan to 115°F. Do not boil. Stir milk mixture and eggs into yeast mixture. Beat in 2 cups flour. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface. Knead 5 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon flour at a time, as needed, to prevent sticking. Form into ball.
- SPRAY a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with damp cloth. Let rise in warm place 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- MELT 1/2 cup butter in each of two 13 x 9 x 2-inch pans. Stir in half of brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans in each pan. Set aside.
- ROLL half of dough into 15 x 13 inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over butter. Roll dough, jelly roll fashion, from long side. Seal seam; cut roll into 15 (1-inch) slices. Place slices into pan on top of brown sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining dough, placing in second pan.
- COVER pans with warm, damp, lint-free cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place 30 minutes or until double in size. (An indention made with finger will remain in place.)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Invert pans onto wax paper-lined trays; leave pans in place 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 roll of 30), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To knead dough, shape it into a flattened ball. Push it away from you, then fold it toward you. Turn and repeat until it's smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes.
If your muffins are flat or peaked on top, increase the oven temperature 25°F. If they're cracked or uneven on top, reduce the oven temperature 25°F.