Cinnamon Apple Bread
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 12 slices
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup shredded, unpeeled Granny Smith apple, (about 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons quick rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Stir in applesauce, apples and nuts just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 minutes. Combine oats, brown sugar and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle over loaf. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 18g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
In order to maintain a consistent temperature, do not open the oven door during baking. Instead, use the oven light to check on your baking progress.
Bread is done when the loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped. At that time, remove from the pan immediately and let cool.