Chicken Artichoke Casserole
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese or Gruyere cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 to 5 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Stir in buttermilk and oil. Stir in cornmeal mix and thyme leaves until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Pour into prepared dish. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place on cooling rack.
- COMBINE soup, broth and sour cream in a large bowl. Stir in garlic salt and lemon pepper. Stir in chicken, artichokes and mushrooms until combined. Pour over cornbread. Top with 1/4 cup cheese and bacon.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken mixture is bubbly. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Freezing Tip: Bake and cool casserole. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. Place in freezer up to one month. Remove foil and plastic wrap. Reheat at 350ºF for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1140mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.