Cheesy-Onion Corn Dogs
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 10 corn dogs
- 10 hot dogs
- 1 quart Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 cup crushed cheese crackers
- INSERT wooden skewers lengthwise into centers of hot dogs, stopping about halfway through.
- FILL electric skillet or deep-fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches deep). Heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, carbonated beverage, cheese, onion, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- DIP hot dogs into batter, then coat with crackers. Carefully dip in hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Serving Size (1 corn dog), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 920mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.