Cheese Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Divide shortening into several pieces; scatter on top of flour. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
- STIR in cheese and milk gradually, stirring just enough to moisten flour and hold dough together. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter.
Serving Size (1 biscuit), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Measure pastry ingredients carefully. Too much liquid makes dough soggy, too much flour makes dough tough, and too much shortening makes dough greasy and crumbly.
Remove pastry from refrigerator 1 hour before rolling or shaping to avoid excess handling.