Cheddar Cheese Straws
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 8 dozen straws
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour and cayenne pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- COMBINE cheese and butter in food processor or with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- MAKE straws using cookie press with star attachment, or roll the dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 1 x 2-inch strips.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Serving Size (1/24 4 straws), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Measure pastry ingredients carefully. Too much liquid makes dough soggy, too much flour makes dough tough, and too much shortening makes dough greasy and crumbly.
Remove pastry from refrigerator 1 hour before rolling or shaping to avoid excess handling.