Cheddar Casserole Bread
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 24 servings
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 120°F)
- 1/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dillweed
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl. Stir in milk, sugar, salt, oil, eggs, dillweed, onion and 2 cups flour.
- BEAT until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Add remaining 1 cup flour; mix well (dough will be stiff but sticky). Cover with damp, lint-free cloth or plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- SPRAY a 9-inch glass pie plate or 1 1/2 quart glass casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Add cheese to dough; stir gently until evenly distributed. Place in prepared pie plate or casserole. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Brush top of dough lightly with melted butter.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from pie plate or casserole; brush top with melted butter. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The amount of flour needed to knead bread dough varies based on the climate or season. Flour absorbs moisture from humid air, and loses moisture to dry air.
Pizza dough can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Prebaked crusts can also be stored in the freezer.