Carrot Cake with Pineapple
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 45 min
- 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- 2 cups finely grated carrots, not packed
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 (16 oz.) cans Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Spray two 9-inch cake pans or three 8-inch cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT eggs in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar and oil. Stir in flour and spices.
- ADD carrots, undrained pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans.
- BAKE 35 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans; finish cooling on wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. For garnish, press remaining pecans on sides of cake.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 910 (Calories from Fat 460), Total Fat 53g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 4.5g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 109g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 858g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.