Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns
- Prep Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 15 servings
CARAMEL PECAN TOPPING
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- PREPARE bread dough according to recipe directions. Place in large greased bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- For Caramel Pecan Topping: MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- For Cinnamon Filling: MIX brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon in small bowl with fork until blended. Roll dough to 16 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Crumble filling mixture evenly over dough. Beginning at long side, roll up tightly, pressing seam to seal. Cut evenly into 15 slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place (80° to 90°F) 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Bake buns 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes to allow caramel to thicken. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size (1 sticky bun of 15), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 35g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.