Buttery Berry-Ricotta Cake
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® All-Purpose Wheat Flour and Almond Flour Blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries or halved fresh blackberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch round baking pan or springform pan with parchment paper. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Stir flour blend, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl until blended.
- BEAT ricotta, eggs, vanilla and lemon peel in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing just until blended. Blend in butter. Fold in 3/4 cup berries. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Top evenly with remaining berries.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Serve at room temperature. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar before serving.
Serving Size (1 of 8 slices), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.