Buttermilk Waffles with Blueberry Syrup
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 6 waffles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- PROCESS blueberries in blender until smooth. Combine sugar, water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in processed blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- PREPARE waffle iron for use according to manufacturer's instructions. Combine flour and baking soda. Beat egg whites until stiff. Combine egg yolks, butter and buttermilk. Stir into flour mixture. Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into center of waffle iron.
- BAKE until steaming stops. Lift top and loosen waffle with a fork. Serve immediately with Blueberry Syrup.
- Freezing Instructions - Cool waffles completely. Place between layers of wax paper; freeze in airtight container up to 3 months. To reheat, microwave 30 seconds.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 8mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.