- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 1 1/4 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs large, lightly beaten
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli or frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Add 1 tablespoon oil to 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch baking pan. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE milk, 1/4 cup oil and eggs in large bowl. Add cornmeal mix, onion powder and black pepper. Stir until just moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- POUR into preheated skillet or pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
If your muffins are flat or peaked on top, increase the oven temperature 25°F. If they're cracked or uneven on top, reduce the oven temperature 25°F.
Pizza dough can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Prebaked crusts can also be stored in the freezer.