Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 18 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 12 muffins
- 2 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- COMBINE 2 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- RINSE, drain, and thoroughly dry blueberries on paper towels. Combine flour and sugar in small bowl. Toss blueberries in 1/4 cup flour mixture.
- WHISK milk, egg and oil together in small bowl until blended. Add liquid ingredients to remaining flour mixture; stir 5 to 7 strokes (batter will not be completely mixed).
- FOLD in floured blueberries. Stir only until ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy (do not overmix). Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Measure pastry ingredients carefully. Too much liquid makes dough soggy, too much flour makes dough tough, and too much shortening makes dough greasy and crumbly.
In order to maintain a consistent temperature, do not open the oven door during baking. Instead, use the oven light to check on your baking progress.