Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- HEAT oven to 400º F. Spray 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish or other 2-quart casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray. Place frozen vegetables in colander. Rinse with hot water until thawed. Drain.
- MIX soup with milk, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add chicken, vegetables and onion. Pour into prepared dish.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk. Stir just until dough leaves sides of bowl. Drop 9 biscuits (3 rows of 3) on top of chicken mixture.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of pie), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 670mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.