Banana Nut Snack Cake
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 45 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 8 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- BEAT sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Mix in bananas and pecans. Add flour mixture gradually, stirring until just mixed.
- POUR into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack or serve warm.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Roll pastry dough outward from the center and from the center inward with a floured rolling pin. Rotate and repeat until it's 2 inches wider than your pie plate.
Measure pastry ingredients carefully. Too much liquid makes dough soggy, too much flour makes dough tough, and too much shortening makes dough greasy and crumbly.