Banana Bread Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 6 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Gradually add brown sugar; beat an additional 2 minutes. Add banana, eggs and vanilla, beating just until combined.
- STIR in flour mixture. Stir in oats, nuts and chocolate chunks. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving Size (1/72 1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.
Place unbaked cookies at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets to allow room for spreading.