Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Smucker's® Spiced Apple Butter
- COMBINE butter and sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans until blended.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight. (Dough can be stored up to 3 days.)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- SHAPE dough into 60 one-inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently in the center of each ball to make an indention. Fill each indention with 1 teaspoon apple butter.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1/60 1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 10mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Place unbaked cookies at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets to allow room for spreading.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.