Almond Peach Shortcake
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*, chopped and divided
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, sliced and sweetened to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1 tablespoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 425º F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- RESERVE 2 tablespoons almonds. Combine flour, sugar and remaining almonds in large bowl. Whisk 1/3 cup cream, egg, butter and almond extract in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture to make dough. Spoon 8 individual mounds onto prepared baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Split shortcakes in half; place on individual serving plates. Fill and top with peaches and whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved toasted almonds.
- *Toasted almonds: Place almonds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350º F. for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.