- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 72 cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- HEAT oven to 400º F. Lightly spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE butter and sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer on high until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts into the mixture and beat until well blended.
- STIR flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl. Add to butter mixture; beat on low just until blended. Stir in almonds. Dough will be sticky.
- DROP dough by level teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 5-6 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove cookies with a spatula to wire racks; cool completely.
Serving Size (1/72 1 cookie), Calories 25 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.
For softer cookies, reduce baking time by 1-2 minutes. For crisper cookies, increase baking time by 1-2 minutes.